ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engage the guest and enhance her Experience through product awareness and team selling
- Treat all Vera Bradley employees and guests with respect and maintain a positive work environment
- Drive store results through add on selling and conversion that meet the guest’s wants and needs
- Maintain Vera Bradley brand standards through assistance in visual merchandising excellence
- Help to maintain a clean, organized and inviting environment for the customer
- Maintain organization of stock room
- Ability to accurately process transactions in an professional manner
- Comply with all established company policies and procedures
- Process sales transactions utilizing POS system
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate preferred
- Prior retail experience strongly preferred
- Experience with retail POS system a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Polite and professional
- Exceptional sales skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The environmental and physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching
- Must be able to work with strong fragrances and scents in the form of eau de toilette, burning candles, bath and shower gel, body lotion, hand cream and bar soap throughout the work day.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Consistently lift 10-35 lbs; occasionally lift up to 55 lbs with the ability to push or pull more than 55 lbs.