The Café Team Members are primarily responsible for serving guests efficiently with food and drink at the Urban Air Café. Working hours will be spent in the kitchen and/or service area, cashiering, interacting with guests, cooking, preparing and serving food. S/he must work fast with a sense of urgency, while offering amazing standards of guest service and care.
- Demonstrating the highest standards of guest relations and care when assisting guests at the counter.
- Giving advice, guidance and recommendations on products and menu selection to guests to ensure a positive experience and repeat business.
- Ensuring adequate stock levels of supplies and consumables for café area.
- Managing queues and meeting guest expectations, upsell to maximize profit.
- Keeping the areas tidy and clean including table clearing, removing and washing dishes, and taking out trash.
- Handling guest complaints in the first instance and reporting feedback to the Leadership Team.
- Working within established guidelines and operating procedures.
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
- Properly cook and store food items at appropriate temperatures
- Rotate stock items as per established procedure
- Ensuring compliance with all health code regulations.
- Keep the kitchen and storage areas clear, well-organized
- Participate in regular staff meetings and training as required
- Other duties as tasked by Leadership
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent required, some College preferred
- Previous restaurant/quick service experience preferred
- Basic math skills of adding and subtracting required
- ServSafe or similar food handling certification preferred
- Having a friendly and engaging personality, a good communicator, able to work under pressure.
- Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations and provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service.
- Need to be willing to learn, take instruction and work under own initiative, supporting other team members and able to multitask.
- An effective, well organized and efficient team player with a strong sense of discipline and urgency.
- Holds self-accountable for high personal standards of conduct and professionalism
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds.