As a commission associate in our home department, you are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by combining in-depth product knowledge and passion for service to build clientele and to drive sales.
- Customer Service & Sales – Approaches customers in a friendly manner to engage, determine needs, and help customers make decisions about desired product or service. Informs customers of key product attributes to generate interest and to build clientele. Covers care/protection plans and suggests additional products to customers.
- General Operations – Participates in inventory processes, Merchandise Transfer Out (MTO), Return to Vendor, Return to Warehouse and Defective Merchandise Transfer Out activities. Completes pricing and signing processes in specialty businesses. Stays up‐to‐date with new trends and styles through industry publications and communications and participates in ongoing technical skills development through company and/or vendor‐provided training and skill practice.
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives, the company’s iCAP program, product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity and attendance
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a home commission associate will possess the following:
- Drives Results – Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others.
- Builds Ownership – Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes.
- Drives Intensity – Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency.