Join Microsoft for their FREE 2-Day Camp: Code a Talking Robot with Ohbot on the following dates:
- July 31st & August 1st (Wednesday & Thursday) from 4-6 PM – register at ms/ohbotcampbuf731
- August 12th & 13th (Monday & Tuesday) from 1-3 PM – register at ms/ohbotcampbuf812
- August 28th & 29th (Wednesday & Thursday) from 10-12 PM – register at ms/ohbotcampbuf828
This free two-day, 2-hour camp series gives students ages eight and up basic skills in robotics and coding using the Ohbot robot. Students use the Ohbot app for Windows 10 as a group, in pairs, and individually, and also create code that makes the robot move and speak.
By the end of the camp series, students will:
- Understand how coding and robotics work in everyday life.
- Learn fundamental coding concepts in line with K-12 computer science common core standards.
- Code the Ohbot robot to tell a story, sing a song, or make a joke.
This two-part camp series lasts two hours per session, and campers must attend the sessions consecutively. The parent, legal guardian, or authorized adult caregiver of every camp participant under 17 years of age must sign a Participation Agreement upon arrival and remain in Microsoft Store for the duration of the event.
No prior experience with coding, robotics, or Ohbot is required.
If you have any questions, please contact Emily at [email protected].