The Sales Lead (SL) represents Things Remembered to our customer. The SL is responsible for creating the best first and lasting experience for every internal and external customer to ensure long-term loyal customers. He/she consistently works towards the expectation at delighting all of our customers.
The Sales Lead is a non-supervisory role that has primary responsibility for customer satisfaction, generating sales, engraving, housekeeping, merchandising, POS operations and loss prevention, in adherence with all company and store standards.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Customer Service to Enhance Sales
- Use selling techniques to enhance sales, such as: selling add-on sales and showcasing engraving information to customers to achieve store and individual sales goals.
- Ensure a high-quality customer service experience; making product and personalization recommendations consistent with the customer’s expectations.
- Articulate product knowledge to customers; be the gift expert.
- Responsible to be a role model for the sales teammates and demonstrate the standard for customer experience
- Proficient in basic skills of store operations to include: engraving, completion of all register transactions, and equipment maintenance.
- Participate in store activities such as stocking, inventory, processing incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments, housekeeping, and display sets.
- Responsible for LP measures of security and safety at all times while working.
- Work single coverage; maintain awareness to drive business and deliver results.
- Responsible to open and/or close the store on their shift, including locking and unlocking the store.
- Accountable to open registers, to balance cash daily, create nightly bank deposits
Skills and Abilities
- Has proficient knowledge on all products and personalization processes;continually trains to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently; can multi-task.
- Comfortable working alone.
- Reads situations quickly; good at listening and addressing customer needs.
- Driven for results; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and is consistently a top performer.
- Action oriented and full of energy; flexible and open to change in a fast paced environment.
- Dedicated to exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Approachable; spends extra effort to put others at ease; builds appropriate rapport.
- Acts with customers in mind; demonstrates real empathy for others; able to build effective relationships to gain trust and respect.
- Has basic retail math skills
- Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1+ years of retail experience preferred in a mall-based environment
- Experience of 6+ months with Things Remembered (can be substituted for previous Key Holder and/or Supervisory experience)
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditions
- The noise level in the work area typically remains at a low level but may vary to moderate depending upon the level of customer interactions and seasonal demand.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Teammate will encounter the following:
Physical Abilities Lift/ Carry Stand C (Constantly) 10 lbs. or less C (Constantly) Walk C (Constantly) 11-20 lbs. F (Frequently) Sit N (Not Applicable) 21-50 lbs. F (Frequently) Driving S (Sometimes) 51-100 lbs. N (Not Applicable) Lifting F (Frequently) Over 100 lbs. N (Not Applicable) Carrying F (Frequently) Pushing/pulling F (Frequently) Climbing ladders F (Frequently) Handling/Fingering F (Frequently) Reach Outward C (Constantly) Fine Finger Manipulation C (Constantly) Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently) Push / Pull Twisting at Waist F (Frequently) 12 lbs. or less F (Frequently) Repetitive Motion F (Frequently) 13-25 lbs. F (Frequently) Crawl O (Occasionally) 26-40 lbs. F (Frequently) Crouching F (Frequently) 41-100 lbs. F (Frequently) Squat or Kneel F (Frequently) Bend F (Frequently) N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation. O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs./day) F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs./day) C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day) S (Sometimes) Occupation requires this activity 1-10% of the time
Specific vision abilities required by the job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Average hearing is required for interacting with Teammates and customers.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work required of the Sales Lead as well as the essential functions of the job to be performed by Teammates in this position, all of which are subject to change by the Company at any time without notice.