Position: Assistant Marketing Director
Walden Galleria is the Buffalo Niagara region’s premier shopping, dining and entertainment destination, offering a diverse mix of over 200 retailers, 12 full-service restaurants, an international food court, an indoor karting raceway, Regal Cinemas Stadium 16 & RPX Theatre, and interactive adventure entertainment. Consisting of 1.6 million square feet, Walden Galleria attracts over 23 million annual visitors and is home to more than 80 retail concepts unique to the Buffalo market.
Provides administrative support to the Marketing Director by performing duties to increase mall sales and maintain positive merchant, community and media relations. Manages all digital platforms including mall’s website, social media pages, email marketing campaigns, and the tenant merchant portal.
Duties & Responsibilities:
General duties and responsibilities may include any and/or all of the following:
- Manages and maintains content across Walden Galleria’s website
- Includes generating and reviewing postings of all tenant sales and event promotions within the merchant portal
- Updating the online directory, homepage feature images, write blog posts and generate other creative content to drive visitors and increase user experience.
- Manages and develops content across Walden Galleria’s social media platforms
- Includes Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages
- Responsible for professional responding to all customer inquiries, complaints and concerns
- Graphic Design
- Creates compelling visual content and ads for print, digital and in-mall collateral
- Assist in tourism efforts with local hotels, business associations, and other various organizations.
- Coordinates all bus tour and group tour incentive programs including scheduling and communicating with tour operators and travel planners
- Assist in the development, management and execution of all in-mall marketing events
- Includes coordinating the set-up of job fairs, charity walks, restaurants crawls, and other event showcases with the purpose of driving significant traffic to the center
- Includes scheduling non-profit fundraising tables and other activation events with community partners and organizations
- Responsible for communication initiatives to reach consumers and mall employees
- Includes designing and executing email marketing campaigns to a list of over 100,000 subscribers
- Develops weekly newsletter to store managers/associates to highlight important updates, news and marketing opportunities
- Draft and send press releases highlighting relevant news, events and information
- Update the content and design of handheld, website and digital in-mall directories
- Design and develop promotional incentive programs and campaigns to drive traffic and sales
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with mall merchants including store associates, store managers, district managers and regional managers
- Maintain Petty Cash & Slush Fund budget accounts for the Marketing Department
- Conduct presentations at quarterly merchant meetings and for guests including school tours and local institutes
- Will assist and ask to take the lead on various market research projects, leasing research efforts, market tours, competition tours, leasing tours, etc.
- Act as Manager on Duty on assigned weekends
- Assist customers when and where necessary
- Assist with reception desk coverage
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
Experience: Must have at least 1-2 years of experience in Marketing, retail marketing experience preferred.
Ideal Qualifications: Successful candidates will be self-motivated, creative and retail marketing driven. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a friendly, outgoing, and competitive personality. Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, analytical and coachable.
Must be proficient in:
-Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint & Word
-Adobe Photoshop, working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign & Premier a plus
-Experience using WordPress CMS preferred
-Experience using Google Analytics preferred
-Experience posting and/or managing Social Media page content
If you are looking to explore this exciting career opportunity and meet the above requirements, please email your résumé and cover letter to Kimberly Pacyon, Administrative Assistant
Walden Galleria Management Office
Attention: Kimberly Pacyon
One Walden Galleria
Buffalo, NY 14225
Email: [email protected]